Wednesday, June 8, 2011

It's been a while and boy how life has changed!

So it have been about a month since I have blogged and I promise it was for good reason.  On May 19, 2011, Chris and I welcomed into the world little Connor Wade Ray!

He was 7lbs 1 3/4oz and 20 inches long at the time of his birth.  I happen to think that he is pretty stinkin' cute, but I am also kind of biased.  We were not expecting Connor for another week and a half but he was on his way whether we liked it or not!  I had been to the doctor on Tuesday and she chose to do some blood work based on my protein levels.  On Wednesday afternoon the doctor called and said to come down to the hospital for more blood work and observations.  To quote the lady I talked to on the phone, "We are gonna do your blood work one more time, but unless something has significantly changed, you are not leaving this hospital without a baby."  So I left school early and went home and picked up mine and Connor's stuff and headed to the hospital.  Chris was at work so he met us up there.  They admitted us and did my blood work.  Since my platelet levels were lower then they liked they said that they were going to let me rest and let my body do what it was going to do and then at 4am they would induce me.  I started having contractions around 1am.  They were no fun!  But I survived until 4:00 when they came in and did my induction and my epidural.  After my epidural I was able to sleep for a while and woke up to find that my mom and step dad had made it in from Chicago and my dad had made it in from Florida.  Chris's parents were there before we went to sleep the night before.  So with a waiting room full of people anxiously waiting, Connor arrived at 1:57pm.  Chris and I could not be more excited!  Hopefully in the next week or so I will be able to blog a little more and fill in the rest of the details on how life has changed for us.  I must say that this has been the best surprise I have ever experienced in my whole life!




2 comments:

  1. YAY!!!!!! I can't wait to meet him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness - congratulations!!!! He is such a beautiful baby and it sounds like ya'll are doing great:) Can't wait for the updates:)

    ReplyDelete