Tuesday, April 5, 2011

800 Kids in a Hallway and 32 Weeks

If you are not a resident of middle Tennessee, then you might not know that yesterday we had really bad storms come through our area.  Needless to say, being in an elementary school during a storm like this is not the best place to be.  Not because of safety, but because when you have to put 800 kids and 40 plus teachers in one long hallway it is not fun.  It gets really hot and you are guaranteed that someone is crying some where.  I got to practice my calming mommy voice while drying tears on the scared little faces of some of my kiddos.  We were all fine and there was no damage around my school or by our house.  Let's hope that the spring weather does not continue like this.  So far it has not been stellar.

On the more exciting side, I am officially 32 weeks as of yesterday!  We are in the home stretch now and I officially get to say that I am due next month!  WOW!  Today Chris and I got to spend some wonderful quality time together that we normally would not have.  I took a half day off of  school so that we could go visit our pediatrician's office and go to the doctor as well.  We liked the pediatrician we met with and really liked the way the office was set up.  It is about 20 to 25 minutes from the house but I think it will be a good fit for us.  Then we got to have yummy barbecue at Corky's and indulged our sweet tooth at GiGi's (an amazing cupcake shop).  Then off to the doctor's office we went.  Dr. Mackey says that everything looks and sounds great!  We truly believe that the more pregnant I become the shorter our doctor's appointments are.  I guess no news is good news though.  Connor continues to be wild and I can tell each day that he is getting bigger!

Well I will close out with my 28 week and 32 week bump pictures.  Sorry about my horrible non-make up face!  I usually don't look my best at the end of the day!

Till next time :)

 28 Weeks
32 Weeks

2 comments:

  1. Yay!!!!! Welcome to the world of blogging:). I can't believe Connor will be here next month.......we'll have to get all the babies little kickball shirts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for blogs! I'm excited! And yes - Connor, Abby & Hannah totally need jerseys! Maybe we can work on that for next season.

    ReplyDelete