Thursday, April 7, 2011

Because I Deserve It!

I feel like pregnancy comes with a lot of rules.  Don't eat this.  Take these pills.  Don't lift that.  Sleep on this side.  Don't drink this.  I am not going to lie, I am ready to throw these rules out the window!  Since I plan on nursing I will not be able to throw all the rules out the window right away but it will begin to get easier here soon.  With all the things I am not allowed to do or have, I feel like there are certain things in life that I deserve.  I have not really craved anything specific during pregnancy but have found some treats that I feel are like my reward at some  point in the week.  Not because I did anything overly special during the week but just because I feel like I deserve it!

1.)  Sweet Tea-  I have never been a huge sweet tea person since I did not grow up in the south but it is something that I have come to love.  I really have been good about limiting my caffeine (because it is one of my rules).  I probably have a grand total of two caffeine drinks a week and you can bet that at least one, if not both, of them is a sweet tea!  Sweet tea makes me happy and I think I deserve it!

2.)  Ice Cream-  I have always loved ice cream and that has not changed one bit!  This week Chris and I went to Marble Slab.  I have not over done ice cream during my pregnancy so far but with the weather getting warmer I will have to be careful!  But I got my single scoop of double dark chocolate ice cream with white chocolate chips and strawberries because I deserved it!

3.)  Cadbury Cream and Carmel Eggs-  It is about to be Easter and that means that Cadbury Eggs are everywhere!  Pregnant or not, who can resist these?  Need I say more?  I totally deserve this!

4.)  Pre-Bedtime Naps-  Everyone tells me that I am suppose to sleep when I can now because it is about to become a thing of my past.  Well if that is the case then I am good at following this rule!  I would have never imagined that growing a child would take so much out of you!  This last two weeks I have come home from work and felt really good for about an hour and then I get really tired.  So I have started napping somewhere between 5:30 and 7:00.  I usually wake up before 9:00, watch some TV, make sure that I have eaten dinner, catch the news and am asleep again between 10:00 and 11:00.  The pre-bedtime nap is not just something I deserve but something I think I have earned at this point!

And when pregnancy is all said and done, I am going to Subway and getting COLD Italian BMT because I have not had cold deli meat in six months and I deserve it!

Happy Thursday Everyone!

1 comment:

  1. It only took 10 years, but I'm so glad that you've finally realized the value of a good sweet tea! This might just make you an official Southerner! :)

    ReplyDelete