Monday, April 11, 2011

Feeling "American" and Weekend Review

So I came home today to the beautiful sight of the lawn mowed and Chris working in the garage!  I love it when things get done.  The best part about it was when Chris looked at me and said, " I'm drinking a beer, cleaning my garage and listening to Johnny Cash..  I feel so American."  I thought it was pretty funny.  But it was kind of nice that the weather has cooperated enough to get some outside stuff done.  I know that poor Chris is tired of doing the inside honey do stuff and has been looking forward to getting his man cave in order!  I added to the American feeling by coming home from work and baking brownies.  All we need is a baby and a dog in the yard to make the whole equation work out.  Baby... arrival in 7 weeks; Dog in the yard...  not a chance in the world anytime soon!

It has been so beautiful here in Middle Tennessee this last few days.  It has been like early summer.  I got to get out this weekend and get a little sun on my face was nice.  Saturday I participate in Walk with the Mayor at a park near my school.  The students from my school were asked to be the grand marshals for the walk so a handful of teachers from my school went along as well.  It was a great day for exercise and hanging out with friends.  I got lots of errands done and met Chris and Brent for dinner.  Then Sunday I made it out and about again to watch Kick This win their first game of the kickball season.  I definitely missed playing.  I would have much rather have been playing then sitting on the sideline.  Oh well, if I can't play then I minus well be a cheerleader!

Today marks the beginning of week 33!  Only 7 more to go!  I feel good and continue to sleep well which is a big bonus.  The only major pregnancy fun I have had is that I am currently looking at my ankles and one of them looks normal and the other looks like a balloon.  I do not know why I find this so amusing but I do!  I am getting ready for almost all of my family to come into Nashville this weekend and I cannot wait!  My dad and stepmom Lora are coming in from Florida and my mom, sister-in-law Erika and my preciously perfect niece Taylor are coming in from Chicago.  We are having a wonderful birthday celebration for Taylor on Saturday and then my 3 BFF's and the marvouls Miss Martha are throwing Connor and I a shower on Sunday!  So as long as I can survive the week ahead I have a ton to look forward to this weekend!

1 comment:

  1. So glad you came out yesterday! Sorry I didn't get to chat with you more...I kinda sorta hope it rains on Sunday, so the kickball game is cancelled and I get to come to your shower...if not, then I will have your gift at the next kickball game! =)

    ReplyDelete