Sunday, April 3, 2011

Life is all about what you do with plan B. Setting the stage!

So I am not to sure how good I am going to be about keeping up with this but I am going to give it a try.  I am mostly creating this blog for our families, but if you are not family and find our crazy life interesting, by all means follow along!

I guess I'll start with a little background for those of you that don't really know me.  I was born just outside of Chicago and lived there until I was 18.  I decided to go to The University of Tennessee, Knoxville (GO VOLS!) when I graduated high school and spent five years there.  No I was not on the five year plan (not saying there is anything wrong with that).  I received  my BA in Psychology in 2004 and my Masters in Education in 2005.  In an amazing twist of fate, my best friend in the world and I were both offered jobs in Nashville the same week.  So we packed up good ole 801 Gate Lane and moved to Nashville.  That is the super short version of how I ended up down here.

Love found me in the world of burgers and fries!  Who would have thought the combination of gourmet burgers and hockey would ever bring two people together?  Well it did!  I worked for 4 years slinging burgers part time to help pay for my first house and get a new car.  Chris came to the restaurant I was at in the summer of 2008 after tragedy hit our staff and took over as the kitchen manager.  We really did not have much interaction with each other since he worked days and when I worked it was usually at night or on the weekend.  But a love for hockey started our occasional conversations, which led to our eventual first date, and the rest is history.  Who would think that hockey (such a violent sport) could bring such love to 2 people's lives?  It's been over two years now and I think the only thing that could make our lives better at this point would be winning the lottery, and since I don't foresee that happening anytime soon, I think we can say that life is good.

I decided to title this first entry "Life is all about what you do with Plan B" because this was a quote that I saw on a bag or coffee cup or something like that at just the right time in my life!  I saw this quote three days after Chris and I found out we were going to have a baby!  It was so meaningful at that point.  Actually in the emotional state I was in at that point it was exactly the quote I needed to see.  If you haven't figured it out yet, pregnancy was a surprise to us!  We found out in early November that we were expecting our bouncing (literally) baby boy Connor.  Scared out of my mind about this, seeing this quote made me feel a sense of calm.  Life doesn't always go the way you planned it to and what better surprise could you ever get then finding out that you and the person you love are going to have a family of your own!  So we moved forward from there.  After finding out that little Connor was healthy we shocked our families with the big news and have not looked back since!  Chris and I got engaged on December 24th in a beautiful snowy scene and are planning to be married at the very end of this year or beginning of next year.  Until then we are focused on readying our home and our lives for Connor's arrival.  He is due to be here on May 30th which for those you who are good at math is only 57 days away!

Let the adventure begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment